This incredible collection of Healthy Vegetarian Potato Recipes made with raw, boiled or slow cooked potato/ sweet potato are hearty, tasty and super easy to make. Potatoes have an amazing property to blend easily with other vegetables. Whether you are looking for a healthy salad, side dish or a quick soup, these potato recipes are going to be your favorite soon!
Indulge in these elegant yet simple Healthy Potato recipes that are made vegetarian and vegan in the most delicious homemade way. Whether it's a soup, fritter, a salad, vegetable or curry, potatoes add so much volume and depth to the dishes. This rich source of carbs can create great Indian and World recipes.
If you wish to add creamy texture to a soup without loads of cream, a crispy appetizer, a binding agent for a baked snack, have them in a gravy dish, a dessert, potatoes are a perfect root vegetable for any meal.
- Why Would You Love This Collection Of Potato Recipes
- Are Potatoes Carbohydrates or Vegetables?
- Collection of 10 Healthy Vegetarian Potato Recipes
- 1. Green Beans And Potatoes
- 2. Pumpkin Potato Patty
- 3. Lemon Coriander Soup
- 4. Mashed Potato Lentil Salad
- 5. Pan Fried Sweet Potato
- 6. Aloo Methi Subji (Fenugrerk Potato Curry Indian Style)
- 7. Sweet Potato Tikki Recipe
- 8. Sweet Potato Pie Eggless
- 9. Sabudana Khichdi- Navratri Recipe
- 10. Pumpkin Aloo Cutlets
Why Would You Love This Collection Of Potato Recipes
- Easy Ingredients
- Quick Recipes
- Healthy Potato Recipes
- Simple yet flavorful recipes
- Savory, spicy and Dessert Recipes.
- A mix of Indian and World Recipes
- Tried and Tested Recipes
- Kids Friendly Recipes
- Low Calorie Vegetarian (Egg Free too) and Vegan Recipes (A few are gluten free as well).
- Can be made ahead of time.
- Scalable and customizable recipes.
- The Best Vegetarian Potato Recipes Ever!
Are Potatoes Carbohydrates or Vegetables?
Potatoes are considered a type of vegetable and are a good source of complex carbohydrates. They are botanically classified as tubers, which are thickened underground stems or root structures. However, nutritionally, they are often grouped with starchy vegetables due to their high carbohydrate content.
Carbohydrates are one of the three macro-nutrients, along with proteins and fats, that provide energy to the body. When we eat potatoes, our bodies break down the starch into glucose, providing a steady source of energy.
In addition to carbohydrates, potatoes also contain various vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, making them a nutritious addition to a balanced diet. They are a versatile ingredient and can be prepared in numerous ways, making them a popular choice in many cuisines worldwide.
Collection of 10 Healthy Vegetarian Potato Recipes
Vegan Side Dish/ vegetable Calories: 160 per serving.
Vegan, Snack Calories: 297 per serving (includes calories of burger too)
Vegetarian, Soup Calories: 56 per serving
Vegetarian, Salad Calories: 56 per serving
Vegan, Side Dish Calories: 182 per serving
Vegetarian, Side Dish, Curry Calories: 127 per serving
Vegetarian Gluten Free, Snack Calories: 256 per 2 Tikkis
Vegetarian, Dessert Calories: 95 per 2 pie
Vegetarian (No Onion No Garlic) Calories: 256 per serving
Vegan, Snack Calories: 153 per 2 cutlets
Yes, potatoes are perfect starch vegetables for vegetarians to make several recipes-soups, veggies, curries, rice, desserts and a lot more.
Red potatoes, Yukon, sweet potato, Russet potatoes are all great for anyone who is vegan.
The term "Indian potato" does not refer to a specific botanical variety of potato but rather to the potatoes that are commonly found and consumed in India. These potatoes may vary in appearance and taste, but they all serve as an essential ingredient in Indian cooking, adding texture and flavor to a variety of dishes.
More Popular Vegetarian Recipes from the Blog:
- Crispy Air Fryer Rice Paper Dumplings (Vegan GF Recipe)
- Ginger Tea Recipe | How To Make Ginger Tea for Acid Reflux
- Air Fryer Vs Deep Fryer - A complete Guide
- Simple Indian Dinner Recipes (Easy, Healthy, Vegetarian)
- 10 Best Air Fryer Vegetarian Recipes- Easy Healthy Collection
- Air Fryer Broccoli Potatoes Recipe (Best Vegan GF)