Pumpkin Aloo Tikki Burger is a healthy recipe made with vegan Pumpkin Aloo Tikki and is flavored with raw mango (ambi), fresh salad, and cheese. This recipe uses mustard oil for frying the Tikki and market-bought Harvest Buns. To make this recipe pure vegan, one may have to choose vegan buns, vegan cheese, etc.
Why Pumpkin Tikki?
If you are reading my blog, you know that I have made many recipes using pumpkin and they have been amazingly rich in nutrition and taste. Moreover, these recipes are not as difficult as they seem to be. A few make use of the green pumpkin which is easily available in India. With experience, I have figured that the green pumpkin is best for savory dishes and the orange one suits the desserts made using pumpkin.
The main ingredients for the Tikki are pumpkin, boiled potatoes along with spices. The other includes burger buns, cheese, and fresh salad. I always prefer to use locally available ingredients and would suggest that too. In the salad, I have used cucumber, tomato, and onions. One may also include lettuce, carrot, cabbage.
The potato can be replaced with raw paneer (cheese). Pumpkin can be replaced with fresh zucchini. Trust me, these Pumpkin Tikki Burgers won’t disappoint you!
With all usual ingredients, I added grated raw pumpkin to mashed boiled potatoes, with spices and bread crumbs to absorb extra moisture and shaped like a round patty.
Pretty Simple. Those who are health-conscious may avoid deep frying these patties. I have deep-fried them for the burger recipe.
For the Pumpkin Cutlet, I had pan-fried. They also taste good. Once I fried the Tikkis in two batches, I started with making burgers.
Harvest Gold is great when it comes to fresh buns and I procured from it a day in advance. I love the sesame garnishing at the top of the buns and they look authentic and taste awesome! Feel free to use your local ones.
One may toss the buns on iron tawa with butter. I avoided that step. Only the one in pics were allowed to be butter-kissed for the shiny clicks!!
You may use vegan butter. Applying salads, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and Cheese. Yeah, cheese melted as the tikkis were hot and given the temperature in India, even I almost melted while making these delicious burgers!!
How to make this Tikki Gluten-Free?
This Pumpkin Aloo Tikki can be made gluten-free by skipping the addition of bread crumbs. Also, this recipe can be made gluten-free by choosing the burger buns that are made with gluten-free flour.
What goes with these homemade Pumpkin Tikki Burgers?
- Apple Cucumber Mint Salad
- Spicy Red Tomato Sauce Vegan Pasta
- Mashed Potatoes Salad
- Healthy Paneer Tikka
Remember to share your story with me as I would love to hear how your burgers turned out!!
You May also like-
Pumpkin Aloo Tikki Burger
For Applying on Burger Buns
- 2 packs Burger Buns I have used Harvest Gold, You may use any brand.
- 2 large onion sliced for garnishing
- 2 large tomato sliced for garnishing
- 1 large cucumber sliced for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise Eggless for spreading on buns
- 2 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup Spreading on buns
- 10-12 slices cheese I have used Britannia. You may use any brand.
- 4-5 medium boiled potatoes
- 500 gm raw pumpkin
- 1 small green chilli
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-5 piece bread
- 2 tablespoon besan (Chickpea flour)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Garm Masala
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder or Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder can reduce it
- salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoon oil for frying I have used Mustard Oil
- 1 tablespoon Raw Mango Optional
- Gather all the ingredients. For the potatoes, you may boil them in advance. I boiled the potatoes for 2 whistles and simmer for 5-10 min.
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a large bowl. Add grated Pumpkin to it. Add all the spices, salt, green chilly(Chopped fine), grated raw mango, bread crumbs and Besan. Combined it into a thick mixture. If you feel the mixture is runny, add more besan or bread crumbs.
- Make round tikkis. You may apply oil on your hand to make round tikkis
- Deep fry them in batches. Make sure to add them to hot oil and simmer after a while. It takes around 2-3 min to get it fried from both sides. When you take it out, again full the flame or else tikki will seep in lot of oil.
- Take the fresh buns. Apply Mayo, Ketchup on the inner sides of the buns. Place tikki, Onion rings, cucumber tomatoes over Tikki. Apply the cheese slice. Cover the top bun and ENJOY!!! Your Veg Pumpkin Aloo Tikki Burger is ready!!
|Serving size: 1 burger|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.6g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.4g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|
|Total Sugars 4.5g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|