Winters are all set to bring cold waves and its perfect time to have a hot soup that is healthy and tasty! This Lemon Coriander Soup is a rich creamy vegetarian soup flavored with fresh coriander leaves, lemon, carrot and onion. You may not resist this absolutely delicious soup that is made without any cream.
Lemon Coriander Soup is a gluten-free Vegetable Soup made with a blend of vegetables like onion and carrot simmered slowly in a freshly made vegetable stock flavored with garlic, fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice.
This healthy soup is not just delicious but a perfect evening snack for the winters. Those who are looking for a substitute of tea for a weight-loss plan would really appreciate this amazing soup.
The main ingredients are lemon, coriander leaves and the vegetable stock.
For the vegetable stock, I have used potatoes, onion, garlic and carrot. Boil them in a pressure cooker for two whistles on full, simmer for 2 min. Cool off, blend and Sieve and your fresh veg stock is ready.
Though an optional step, I added a fresh stock for giving thickness to soup without adding processed foods like maida (All purpose flour) or corn flour or cream. If you skip it, it would be a thin soup and nothing that you might miss unless you like thick soups.
I like the natural taste of soups and not the restaurant ones. Somehow, instead of acting as an appetizer, they make me full instead. When I started as a home chef, I decided to always use fresh ingredients. In fact, at my home, everyone like the thin soups as they are easy to digest.
Making a thick soup or a thin soup is surely a choice that you may make.
I would recommend a veg stock for thickening a soup.
The recipe for lemon coriander soup is simple and the vegetables that are used would be easily available in your kitchen.
For the veg stock, you may add any vegetables available locally. The thickness is assured by potatoes and carrots. You may add pumpkin, cauliflower or bottle gourd as well.
I love adding carrots to this veg soup. One may add small chunks of beans as well. Tomatoes are avoided in this soup. I add onions and carrots only as too many vegetables make it like a mix veg soup.
The flavor of each soup depends on what goes in it. Here I wish to have coriander taking all the flavor and not the veggies. Hence, the vegetable stock is made in order to get the right proportion of flavors.
Can I preserve the Veg Stock?
You may preserve the vegetable stock in refrigerator for at most three days, though fresh one tastes best. I understand that you may have a tight schedule and eating healthy is also on priority. In winters, weather is conducive for preserving food.
Can I Make this Soup Vegan?
Yes. You may replace Desi ghee with any vegan oil and this soup is totally a vegan
How this soup helps lose weight?
Do you think every soup helps lose weight?
It depends on various factors. If you want to load soups with artificial flavours, thickness, you may revisit your weight-loss goals.
If you believe a shortcut to make a knorr soup can help you lose weight, forget the weight-loss agenda. There is no point fooling ourselves. To gain something, we have to be ready to give a little.
Just before the evening walk, you may chop tomatoes, onion, garlic, carrots and boil them. Once back, blend, sieve, heat with spices and salt. You may add oil/ ghee. I always make them in ghee and they taste amazing!
This is the simple steps that you may follow for most of the soups. Change ingredients to have different flavors.
Benefits of Lemon and Coriander Soup
This lemon and coriander soup is a great blend of fiber, carbs, Vitamin C, Vitamin A. A homemade soup helps you control the quantity of every ingredient.
Its a perfect soup for warding off cold and cough in every age group. An Immunity- Booster Low Calorie Soup that aids in weight loss and is delicious too!
Have it as a mid-day meal or an evening tea-time replacement.
Stories behind this Soup
Once named as a soup queen, I had made many soups when I decided to make this one. A friend of mine suggested me to try this soup. I was just wondering about its ingredients.
There are certain foods that you love to eat and a few that you might not like to eat but love to cook.
Lemon coriander is one soup which has my cooking passion. This is the first one that comes to my mind when I have a guest arriving. Generally, cooking for guests is stressful but with this soup on menu, I enjoy it fully!
Let me know in comments what is that you enjoy cooking and not eating!
Detailed Recipe of Veg Stock with Steps
1) Gather the ingredients like onion, carrot, potato and garlic for making the veg stock. Wash them under water. Roughly chop and add to pressure cooker. Add water one inch above the level of veggies. Boil for 2 whistles on full and simmer on 5 min max.
2) Once it cools off, Blend them with hand blender or a masher.
3) Sieve it and your veg stock is ready to use.
Detailed Recipe of Lemon Coriander Soup with Steps
1) While the stock is getting ready, you may chop the veggies that go in the soup. I have chosen onion and carrots. Also Chop the coriander leaves finely.
2) Take a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add desi ghee to it. You may use any oil of your choice. Add onions. When onions become transparent, add carrots.
3) Add little salt and saute for 2 min on simmer. I like the crunchy flavour. If you dont want that, cook for another 3-5 min (depends more on quantity and type of utensil). Add the veg stock prepared.
4) Let it simmer for 5 min. Add Black pepper, coriander leaves and fresh lemon juice.
5) Boil it for 2 min and switch off. The hot Lemon Coriander Soup is ready! Serve it with your choice of bread!
You may also like–
More Healthy Soups:
- 5 Healthy Vegetarian Soups For Weight Loss | How to make Easy and Healthy Veg Soups
- Lemon Coriander Soup | How To Make Healthy Soups For Weight Loss
- Ginger Garlic Soup with Tomato | How to make immunity booster Soups
- Thai Vegetable Soup | How to make Veg Thai Curry Soup
- Healthy Tomato Soup | How to make Soups for weight-loss
- Beetroot Soup for weight-loss| How to make Beetroot and Tomato Soup
If you make this recipe, share the image of it on our Instagram account @veg.buffet or Twitter account @vegbuffet
Lemon Coriander Soup For weight-Loss
- Pressure Cooker For Veg Stock
- Sauce Pan
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
For the Lemon Coriander Soup
- 1.5 tsp Desi Ghee can use other oil
- 1 small carrot chopped finely
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 medium lemon for juice
- few twigs coriander leaves wash and chop
- 2 cups water can adjust
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- salt as per taste
For Veg Stock
- Gather the ingredients like onion, carrot, potato and garlic for making the veg stock. Wash them under water. Roughly chop and add to pressure cooker. Add water one inch above the level of veggies. Boil for 2 whistles on full and simmer on 5 min max.
- Once it cools off, Blend them with hand blender or a masher.
- Sieve it and your veg stock is ready to use.
For The Lemon Coriander Soup
- While the stock is getting ready, you may chop the veggies that go in the soup. I have chosen onion and carrots. Also Chop the coriander leaves finely.
- Take a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add desi ghee to it. You may use any oil of your choice. Add onions. When onions become transparent, add carrots.
- Add little salt and saute for 2 min on simmer. I like the crunchy flavour. If you dont want that, cook for another 3-5 min (depends more on quantity and type of utensil). Add the veg stock prepared.
- Let it simmer for 5 min. Add more salt, Black pepper, coriander leaves and fresh lemon juice.
- Boil it for 2 min and switch off. The hot Lemon Coriander Soup is ready! Serve it with your choice of bread!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.8g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6%|
|Total Sugars 2.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|