Do you wish to try a flavourful and nourishing soup that can be quickly made and help you achieve your weight-loss goals too?
The best thing about the Thai soup is that you may add any vegetables of your choice and they blend richly in coconut milk gravy.
Thai Vegetable Soup is a gluten-free quick soup made using flavourful vegetables like bell peppers, sweet potato, onion, garlic simmered in coconut milk and it’s under 10 min recipe.
How to make Thai Vegetable soup?
Are you wondering how an amazing soup bowl gets ready just in 10 minutes?
Chopping veggies take around 2-4 min. You may start cooking in parallel. I would chop first onions, garlic as I would cook them first. While they are on fire, I chop next veggie like sweet potato and then bell peppers.
In Thai soup, a crunchy texture is preferable. You may not overcook them for the very soft mushy texture. Saute onion and garlic for a min. Add sweet potato with a little salt. Cover with a lid and cook for about 3 min. Add bell peppers. Saute for a min. Add spices and more salt along with coconut milk. Add plain milk if you wish that. Cover for 2-3 min on simmer. Add paneer after 2 min of simmering and that’s it.
What goes with this Thai Veg Soup?
You may team this nourishing soup with plain rice, fried rice, noodles, or pasta.
Variations to Thai Soup
- You may make a clear Thai vegetable soup by blending the vegetables.
- Thai noodle vegetarian soup is a meal in itself. Add boiled, washed and sieved noodles to the warm soup just before serving.
- Addition of more vegetables like mushroom, broccoli, baby corn or tofu can make this soup more enriching and flavourful.
- A spicy Thai vegatable soup can be easily made by adding dried red chilly as a paste.
More Soups for weight-loss
Health and Nutrition Facts
If you are looking for a healthy snack or mid-day meal that keeps you full for longer and keeps all hunger pangs at bay, you may undoubtedly try this Veg Thai Soup. Easy ingredients and easy recipe that doesn’t make you feel lazy and trust me it’s not a project to make healthy food in Kitchen.
Bell peppers are bundle packs of Vitamin C, A and potassium, fibre, folate, and iron. Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium and are considered to regulate sugar levels for Type-2 diabetes. If we cook it, the levels of Vitamin C are increased. Both bell peppers and sweet potatoes are your best friends if you wish to have a weight loss healthy meal.
Can it be Vegan?
Well, I was a bit short of coconut milk, so I had used dairy milk. Also, I added Paneer (Cheese). You may skip adding plain milk and instead of Paneer, you may add Tofu to make it a Vegan Thai Soup.
Stories from Kitchen
The morning and evening wind chills remind me of the wonderful soups that I had made last year. A friend named me ‘Soup-Queen’ owing to my passion for making soups. I was so much missing making soups since I started VegBuffet and I focused on various categories of food.
Here I bring you the quick recipe of a healthy and nourishing soup for your evening cravings which can be made using easily available ingredients and it would take the entire work-stress off your mind.
Why Thai Soup?
This question takes me to the memory lane where I would like to stay for hours…The golden period of my life.
Blessed with amazing colleagues, this Thai Soup reminds me of my senior colleague, who always encouraged me to try different cuisines. I am a Paratha and Poori person which surprised her and she suggested trying Thai, Mexican, and all cuisines and why I am restricting myself. Who knows I find these better.
Would you believe that only one soup person ( Tomato Soup) had already made and tried around 30 soups and loved most of them with Veg Thai Soup being at the top of the list?
If you are waiting for some new thing to try and any fear stops you, don’t stop and figure out a way to move ahead. Follow your instincts and you will meet your goals!
You may also like-
Thai Vegetable Soup | How to make Veg Thai Curry Soup
- 1 medium onion chopped in small
- 3-4 cloves garlic grated or chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 cups plain milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Desi ghee can use any other oil
- few twigs coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mixed herbs optional
- salt as per taste
- 2 small green chillies minced
- 12-14 small Paneer cubes
- Gather the ingredients. Wash the vegetables under tap.
- Chop the vegetables as you like them in soup.
- Take a deep and thick bottomed pan/kadai. Add desi ghee to it.
- Add garlic, onion ,chiilies to hot ghee. Saute for a min on simmer.
- Add sweet potato with little salt. Cover with lid. After one min add bell peppers. again cover with lid. Gas simmer throughout.
- Once they become slightly tender, add spices like red chilli, mixed herbs, black pepper. Cook for one min.
- Add coconut milk and boil on full.
- Once boiled, add plain milk and simmer the gas. It would have slightly thick consistency. You may adjust it as per your liking.
- Add chopped Cheese (Paneer ) Cubes. Cook it for a min.
- The amazing hot Thai Veg curry soup is ready!!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.6g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 8.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?