Do you Love pasta and avoid it because of cheese? That is what I did till I made this creamy no-cheese pasta which is loaded with nutrition and does justice to a healthy meal.
Capsicum No-Cheese Vegan Pasta is made using Farfalle wheat pasta with soaked cashews capsicum sauce flavored with garlic and seasonings. For making the sauce, I have used fresh capsicum, garlic, and little coconut milk.
The best thing about this creamy pasta is the wonderful flavor that comes from the use of the fresh sauce. I am a cheese lover and I enjoyed this creamy pasta without the cheese.
People on a weight-loss plan would find this not just a filling delicious meal but also guilt-free under a 30-minute recipe.
I have used bow-shaped Delmonte Wheat pasta. You may use any shape or brand that you like.
For the sauce, garlic, raw cashews, capsicum, and coconut milk. One may use any other milk or red bell peppers.
If you love the Italian flavor, pls avoid coconut milk. You may skip it or replace with soy milk.
What goes with this pasta?
We had teamed this pasta with a croissant and Chilly Paneer. One can have Manchurian with gravy, garlic tomato sauce, garlic bread along dips.
Can we skip milk in making pasta?
Yes absolutely. I have used little coconut milk to make a smooth sauce. One may use water to make it.
Is pasta bad for weight loss?
Coming across these queries make me wonder about the mindset of people targeting weight-loss plan.
No offense to anyone. No food is good or bad. It’s the eating habit that has to be monitored.
If you add loads of cheese to your pasta, and expect some angel would do a trick and you would lose the belly fat, that aint going to happen.
For you, pasta is bad for weight loss. For that matter, no food comes under the Good category.
Sometimes food has nothing to do with weight. Do you know people who are anxious about something, most likely eat more than they need?
and those who switch on TV with their meals hardly notice their brain signals to stop eating.
That doesn’t mean you can never have cheesy pasta. This recipe comes from a cheese lover who loved this creamy no-cheese pasta. I found a way to a healthy substitute so I could take a second helping of pasta which otherwise was avoided deliberately.
How this No-cheese Pasta is healthy?
That is because this contains capsicum which is a rich source of Vitamin C, E, B6, and fibre. Green capsicum has less sugar than red ones. They are the perfect food for diabetes and are good for the heart.
Cashews are high in fibre, copper, magnesium, manganese (micro-nutrients that are good for brain and bone health).
These plant proteins are low in sugar and are a rich source of heart-healthy fats. They provide good cholesterol and energy to the body and keep you satiated for long.
Most important is the fact that one large bowl is about 200 calories!
This is a simple recipe and can be made under 30 minutes. Soak the cashews in warm water for about 20 minutes. In the mean time boil the pasta and put it in colander for draining water.
Cashews must have softened. Add them to the blender along with garlic cloves and make a smooth paste. Put milk/ water gradually.
Add olive oil to the pan. Then, add cashew capsicum sauce. Sauté for 2-3 min on low flame. Add seasonings, salt, and boiled pasta. Mix well. Enjoy!
Stories From Kitchen
Do you believe pasta shape matters?
More than 85% of my insta followers agreed upon that it matters!
My experience of pasta cooking also suggests the same. The wave of joy spreads in-home at the very mention of Pasta. It is food for the mind. Sometimes I don’t cook for the blog.
This is true for this recipe as well. I had no plans to post it but when it came out really well, I had no reason to hide it from you either.
My daughter loves to help me in taking shots. So I couldn’t say no to her. Her tiny hands holding the large bowl make me smile. The first attempt was totally great for taste and mood.
Detailed Recipe of Capsicum No-Cheese Vegan Pasta
1)Soak raw cashews in warm water for 20 minutes. If they have not softened up, soak a bit longer. In the meanwhile, boil the pasta in a large container.
2) Drain the extra water from boiled pasta using colander and check cashews for softness.
3) Blend garlic, cashews and capsicum in blender. Use water or milk to make a smooth paste.
4) Take a heavy-bottomed pan / Kadai and add olive oil to it. Add the above sauce. Mix well and cook for 2-3 min. Add salt and seasonings (oregano, red chili flakes, black pepper). Keep mixing so that sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan.
If its too thick, you may add little water or milk to adjust. Add the boiled pasta and mix really well.
5) The delicious capsicum no-cheese vegan pasta is ready. It took hardly 10 minutes of cooking. Enjoy with garlic bread and gravy of your choice!
You may also like:
More World Recipes:
- Spaghetti Pesto | How to make veg pasta in pesto Sauce
- Veg Tacos with Beetroot Tortillas| How to make Beetroot Veg Tacos with Pumpkin Yoghurt dip
- Veg Crepes | How to make a veg crepe with filling
- Pumpkin Sauce Pasta | How to make Pumpkin Recipes with low- calorie
- Pumpkin Desserts | How to make Kaddu Halwa for Vrat
- Pumpkin Icecream with Mango | Easy Healthy and Weight-Loss Desserts Recipes
Latest from the blog:
- Gluten-free Healthy Vegan Tomato Pasta| How to make Spicy Pasta
- Pumpkin Pancakes | How to make Eggless Pumpkin Pancakes
- Weight Loss Vegetarian Recipes
If you make this recipe, share the image of it on our Instagram account @veg.buffet or Twitter account @vegbuffet
Capsicum No-Cheese Vegan Pasta for weight-loss
- Heavy-bottomed Pan
- 3 cup Del Monte Farfalle Pasta You may choose any shape
- 3/4 cup cashews around 85 gms
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk any other vegan milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 5 cup water boiling pasta
- Soak raw cashews in warm water for 20 minutes. If they have not softened up, soak a bit longer. In the meanwhile, boil the pasta in a large container. It takes about 10 min to boil it.
- Drain the extra water from boiled pasta using colander and check cashews for softness.
- Blend garlic, cashews and capsicum in blender. Use water or milk to make a smooth paste.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan / Kadai and add olive oil to it. Add the above sauce. Mix well and cook for 2-3 min. Add salt and seasonings (oregano, red chili flakes, black pepper). Keep mixing so that sauce doesn't stick to the bottom of pan. If its too thick, you may add little water or milk to adjust. Add the boiled pasta and mix really well.
- The delicious no-cheese vegan creamy capsicum pasta is ready. It took hardly 10 minutes of cooking. Enjoy with garlic bread and gravy of your choice!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|
|Total Sugars 8.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?