How can one say No to an amazingly healthy baked oatmeal flavoured with Apples, almonds, cocoa powder and cinnamon? That too when it’s made absolutely without Butter!
Read on to know my secret ingredient.
Apple Cinnamon baked oatmeal is an easy-to-bake gluten-free recipe of sweet porridge made using rolled oats along with milk, cocoa powder, almonds, and powdered jaggery. The use of jaggery makes them totally refined sugar-free and they are made without egg.
Oats are nutritious grains that are part of Popular World Breakfast like porridge, granola, Muesli, and cookies.
This breakfast involves adding hot/cold milk to a pack of oats.
Are oats and Wheat the same?
Both are cereal grains and oats don’t come from wheat. They are protein-rich and are supposed to be gluten-free. However, the processing of oats might involve some gluten-mixing if processed in the same facilities used with other grains. So one may check the brand before use.
Oats are rich in fiber and protein and are a good choice for healthy heart. They are constipation-beaters and are known to be good for controlling Blood pressure.
I have used Bagrry’s Oats and they are gluten-free but processed in the same facilities used with other grains.
Is this a Vegan recipe?
No. This recipe uses normal milk. But for Vegan one may easily substitute it with coconut milk, almond or any other vegan milk.
It won’t taste the same as the texture of milk really decides the whole flavor of oatmeal. I am sure it’s worth a try and would love your inputs on it.
Is this recipe ideal for losing weight?
If you are reading my blog, you would know what would be my answer to this query.
There is no recipe on earth that can help you lose weight unless you are willing to do so.
You may have oats, fruits, only baked snacks, and the list goes on but in the end, they all have calories and calories is what our body needs to function properly. The only thing is are we able to provide full nutrition to the body or these are just empty sugar calories.
Having water can also help me lose weight but that DOES NOT mean I would have to survive on water only.
Instead of munching on Namkeen (100 gm of which can have more than 200 calories), one may choose a healthy substitute.
That said, if you love parathas in breakfast, don’t change it to Oats just because everybody around believes they are healthy.
I have used rolled oats, cadbury’s cocoa powder, Organic jaggery powder (Shakkar), almonds, fresh sliced apple, cinnamon powder, Desi ghee.
I avoided the use of butter in this recipe and used desi ghee. This is not the first time I have used desi ghee in baking. My popular desi ghee baked recipe is of Apple Coffee Cobbler (Whole wheat and without eggs).
Now you know my secret ingredient and you can surely try this recipe.
Fruits like banana, pumpkin and berries can also be used.
Those who have a sweet tooth shall take normal sugar as it won’t really taste very sweet.
Its a simple 10-15 minute recipe that involves around 5 minutes of mixing ingredients and baking for rest.
Mix jaggery with desi ghee and little milk. You may use a hand blender or mix by spatula. Once they mix well, add rolled oats, more milk, almonds, cocoa powder, and cinnamon powder.
Mix really well.
Transfer to a baking bowl and garish with apples. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
The texture is coarse and slightly thick like a cake since butter is not used it’s slightly dry.
If you wish to reuse it, you may add milk and then heat it. It’s good for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
1)Gather the ingredients. Mix powdered jaggery with Desi Ghee and little milk. Use blender or spatula. Mix really well.
2) Add cocoa powder and mix well. Add oats, chopped almonds and cinnamon powder. Adjust milk to have a flowing consistency batter.
3) Mix and transfer to the baking jar. Garnish with apples. Bake for 5-10 min in OTG at 180 degrees (Preheat OTG for 10 minutes at 50 degrees)
4) The Apple Cinnamon baked oatmeal is ready. Enjoy it!
You may also like:
More Dessert Recipes:
- 2-ingredient Healthy Banana Ice cream | How to make Weight-loss desserts
- Alsi Til Ladoo | How to make Healthy Jaggery Alsi Til Ladoo
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal | How to make slimming world baked oatmeal
- Apple Cobbler with coffee| Easy Whole-wheat Apple Cobbler
- Chocolate Muffins | How to make Eggless Chocolate Muffins without oven
- Chocolate Pudding Shots | How to make Pudding Shots flavoured with Chocolate
Latest from the Blog:
- Jaggery Paratha Churma | How to make an Authentic Haryanvi Churma
- 14 Pumpkin Vegetarian Recipes | How to make Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Salad | How to make Gluten-Free Vegan Salads
- Pumpkin Puree | How to make Pumpkin Puree without oven
- Veg Greek Salad Recipe | Easy Weight-Loss Salad with Feta
- Indian Lemon Rice in Desi Ghee | How to make Gluten Free Indian Recipes
If you make this recipe, share the image of it on our Instagram account @veg.buffet or Twitter account @vegbuffet.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Mixing bowl
- Baking dish
- 1 cup rolled oats can use oat flour as well
- 3/4 cup milk Adjust as required
- 2 tsp cinnamon spice powdered
- 1/2 cup jaggery sugar can use normal sugar
- 10 piece almonds chopped
- 1 small apple sliced
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder optional can use chocolate
- 1.5 tbsp Desi Ghee can use butter at room temperature
- Gather the ingredients. Mix powdered jaggery with Desi Ghee and little milk. Use blender or spatula. Mix really well.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well. Add oats, chopped almonds and cinnamon powder. Adjust milk to have a flowing consistency batter.
- Mix and transfer to the baking jar. Garnish with apples. Bake for 5-10 min in OTG at 180 degrees (Preheat OTG for 10 minutes at 50 degrees)
- The Apple Cinnamon baked oatmeal is ready. Enjoy it!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.8g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||20%|
|Total Sugars 22.6g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|