Chocolate Pudding shots is a super delicious and easy recipe and if is ready with minimal effort. When you are tired from the day job and wish to free your mind from the stress you had faced whole day, trust me chocolate is your best friend.
Who else loves Chocolates?
Mostly people think kids are great lover of chocolates, which is true surely. I am an elder and I feel that I love these brown beauties a lot!!
I am sure there are mothers like me who try every possible thing to make a healthy meal for their picky eater kiddo and finally try to offer him by saying that its chocolate..
Thats what I did when my daughter wont eat even curd. I made all sorts of foods thinking that they are nutritious and she should have it. But the thing is, they need to taste it before accepting it. Anything which is not looking good, she wont just taste it.
Finally I gave up and followed my husband’s advice of avoiding the healthy word. Perhaps its not the ‘keyword’. Few keywords for her had always been chocolate, Ice cream, Candy, any street food as its not cooked by mom..
Believe me or not, she started tasting and my husband is so convincing, that she believed him and yes, gradually developed taste for it too.
Isnt that a wonderful trick? How about you following it too, not for this recipe but for various others..
As it has worked almost with many foods so far. For instance, beetroot, Sweet potato, broccoli. Broccoli has a little secret also. My brother-in-law mentioned it as a Tree (A big Pedh) and she was so fascinated by this that she actually started eating it. So was her acceptance with other greens. On every occasion of eating broccoli, she would tell me the whole story all over again and then my husband reacts that she resembles someone..
Of course ME….
As I dont talk in short and I make every sentence long and the person listening misses what exactly was I talking about..
Family jokes that I remember always and are adorable memories forever.
Briefly talking about the recipe, all you need is milk, custard powder, Nutella, Chocolate, Biscuits.
I have used Farmlite Oats Raisins biscuits as they are too yummy. You might use any other biscuit as well: Marie Gold, Digestive. Boil Milk with cardamom and sugar. Add custard powder (mixed with milk as a thick paste). Mix well. Add Nutella and keep it for cooling off. Once it cools off, take a bowl or glass, Add biscuit as layer, then the chocolate custard mixture, again biscuit again the mixture layer, till the container becomes almost full. Refrigerate it for 4 hours.
Can I make it Vegan?
Yes!! You may replace normal milk with any other vegan milk like Almond milk, Coconut Milk or soya milk.
I have used Dairy Milk Silk and you can replace it with Any vegan chocolate.
Also, Nutella can be replaced by a vegan chocolate syrup or you can make a chocolate syrup by melting vegan chocolate as well.
Can I add Nuts?
Yes !! Nuts surely add flavour to the desserts. Its just that my family doesnt eat nuts mixed with desserts and I avoid it. Even if I garnish a dessert with nuts, thats simply for the photo purpose!!
Enjoy and remember to share your views about it!!
You may also like-
Chocolate Pudding Shots
- half kg milk
- 2 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 tablespoon Custard Powder
- 12-16 small Biscuits/cookies Farmlite Oats Raisins , You may use any.
- 2 tablespoon sugar can reduce or increase
- 1 tsp cardamom powder coarse
- 8 cubes chocolate I have used Dairy Milk silk.
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Mix 1 tablespoon milk in custard powder and make a smooth paste.
- Boil Milk with sugar.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Add custard powder mixed with milk to the boiled milk. Keep mixing so that no lumps are formed.
- The mixture of milk and custard would gradually start thickening up. So keep mixing till it becomes a uniform mixture. It takes around 2-4 min and keep the flame on simmer.
- Add nutella and keep mixing. Switch off the flame.
- Let it cool off at room temperature.
- Place a biscuit in the glass or a bowl. Add the custard chocolate mixture over it and keep doing it till container is almost filled. Top it with the chocolate piece. Refrigerate it for 4 hours and let it set.
- The chocolate pudding shot is ready. Enjoy!!
|Serving size: 1 glass|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.3g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.4g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|
|Total Sugars 12.8g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|