How often do you use apples in your desserts? Can you believe making an apple cobbler is not that tough? Are you looking for an Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe?
Apple Cobbler is a dessert made using apple fruit layered at the bottom of a baking dish and topped with a batter of any flour or biscuits before being baked. This whole wheat eggless Apple Cobbler is the must-try recipe and promises a great crusty layer with soft apple melted flavour.
The secret ingredient of this recipe is Desi Ghee. Yes, trust me desi ghee has never disappointed me in any gravy dishes or parathas. Baking the cobbler using desi ghee was totally an innovative step and I am glad I did that.
Those who find it a not-so-good idea, feel free to use any vegetable oil, olive oil, Vegan oils. The recipe won’t change much with that substitute.
Also, this cobbler can be made using any other seasonal fruits like peach, plum, pumpkin etc.
What’s special about this cobbler?
- It’s a Healthy Apple Cobble recipe as it’s made with whole-wheat (not all-purpose flour) and uses less of butter (more of desi ghee).
- Totally an easy apple cobbler.
- Flexible with flavours of fruits and the same recipe can be used to make different fruits cobbler.
- Whole-wheat flour gives an amazing crunchy crust.
How to make a Gluten-free Cobbler?
You may use any gluten-free flour like buckwheat or ragi instead of Whole-wheat. The gluten-free flours tend to be denser than other flours. You may use more milk to make a smooth batter.
Which apples are best for the cobbler?
I have used locally available red apples. They are juicy, crunchy (crisp) and a little tart in flavour. You may choose the ones that are local to your place.
The cobbler was on my to-do from past quite many days. As a dessert-loving person, ideas keep flowing in and social media reminds you of recipes that have not been tried yet!!
Grab your apples. Slice them and add little water cornflour, powdered cinnamon, coffee and sugar. Let it rest for a while. In the meantime, you make mix butter, sugar well. Add milk gradually. Then add all spices. Add wheat flour along with the baking powder and mix gently.
Transfer the apple mix first to a greased baking dish. You may use oval or rectangular. Then pour the batter mix. Bake and enjoy!
The aroma of baking fresh apple flavoured with coffee, cinnamon, cardamom and a topping of freshly mixed wheat batter topped with walnuts, spreads from my kitchen to the neighbours.
Isnt this apple cobbler an elegant and healthy snack?
I would head to finish off my slice and make another thereafter and what’s your plan?
Enjoy and remember to share your views about it!!
You may also like-
- Til ke Ladoo | How to make Healthy Alsi Til Gud Ladoo
- Apple Cobbler with coffee| Easy Whole-wheat Apple Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pancakes | How to make Eggless Pumpkin Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal | How to make slimming world baked oatmeal
- Wheat Gulgule Recipe | How to make sweet pua or gulgula
- Refined Sugar-free Pumpkin Muffins | How to make healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Easy Recipe of Whole-wheat Apple Cobbler
- 3/4 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon and cardamom powder
- 1 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tsp Desi ghee/ olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder I have used Nescafe
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped in small chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh milk cream
- 1.5 tablespoon butter can use ghee as well
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- a pinch baking soda
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut Apple in any desired shape.
- Take a bowl and add coffee powder to it. Mix sugar in it.
- Add corn flour, Lemon Juice to it and some water to make a smooth mix.
- Mix well as sugar would leave water. Add cinnamon and cardamom powder.
- Add chopped Apples and cover it while we make batter.
- Take another bowl and add butter to it. It can be slightly cold.
- Add coffee powder, cinnamon and cardamom powder to the butter.
- Add Sugar and give it a good mix. Initially butter would crumble up like bread. Slowly, it would be melt and looks a smooth mixture.
- It takes around 3-5 min of mixing. One may use electric blender as well.
- Add wheat flour, Desi Ghee and baking soda to it.
- Add milk and make a smooth batter.
- Take a round / or any shape baking dish. Grease it with ghee/oil.
- Add first the layer of apple mix. Top it with walnuts.
- Add over the apple layer the wheat batter. Add walnuts.
- Now its all ready to be baked. I had baked it in my old OTG @ 180 degrees (OTG was preheated for 10 min @ 100 degrees} for around 10 min or till knife comes out clean.
- The aroma of blending flavours was amazing. The Apple cobbler with coffee is ready to serve. Let it cool for 5 min and then slice it. Top it with honey, caramel or maple syrup! Enjoy!!
|Serving size: 1 pie|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.3g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.6g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7%|
|Total Sugars 12.6g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|