Pumpkin Sauce Pasta is a delicious and one-pot quick recipe flavored with garlic and cheese. No wonder it's a nutritious and weight-loss food.
Wondering about the taste?
Well thats exactly what I thought!!! Though a big fan of pumpkin, but being born and brought up in India meant that I always had a chance to have Pumpkin vegetable, which we call Kaddu or Kashifal and sometimes, Pumpkin Halwa.
But never explored the other amazing recipes like Pumpkin cake, pie, Sauce, Latte,...Few weeks back I came across several recipes on pumpkin and I thought I must try them.
Trust me upon this, I am in love with this wonderful and nutritious fruit and I am finding excuses to cook it.
Stories From Kitchen
Being in lockdown for around 3 months made me discover a new me when it comes to culinary skills. I was a quick learner as my mother-in-law pointed out once. Though I started quite late in this journey, precisely after my marriage, but didn't know that would come this far that I would be writing a food blog.
Like everything else, cooking needs more of passion than a recipe. Once you discover that passion, you keep going and dare to experiment with your little world of spices and sugar. Whats the harm? Who knows with a stroke of kitchen beat, you may find an innovative recipe?
I came this far by the grace of God and with the support of my family specially my mother-in-law. She was a wonderful cook and a perfectionist with ratios. I was exact opposite back then.
Not that I am any close to her level of perfection till date. She was quite sure that I would be a great cook. Perhaps, her faith has made me who I am today and I am so glad about it.
Talking about the recipe, its a single pot recipe, that is, in one pot we cook everything. Sounds Easy!!
Just grab your knife and lets begin..
I have used onion, garlic, capscium and red chilli along with pumpkin sauce with elbow shaped pasta. You may feel free to use any other shape and can add other vegetables like broccoli, carrot, corn , etc.
I had used what I could easily stock up in the Covid fear. You may saute all veggies in butter and for the pumpkin sauce, I have used green peel Pumpkin (as thats commonly available here). Just chop in uneven chunks. Blend it with garlic, red chilli whole and little bit of water. Pumpkin sauce is ready.
Once veggies are crunchy, I added pumpkin sauce with salt and other seasonings. Cook pumpkin sauce for one min or so by covering with a lid.
Then add in raw pasta along with water. Once pasta is almost done, add grated cheese. Thats it. It took around 15 min for the pasta to be ready!!
When you try it, do share your views about it. Waiting to hear from you!
Pumpkin is a wonder fruit and a nutritious treat. If you want to know more about its health benefits, you may find it on my blog vegsoups.in in the article Pumpkin Recipes - Immunity booster recipes series against COVID.
You may also like:
Pumpkin Sauce Pasta|How to make Pumpkin Sauce Pasta
- 2 cup Raw elbow pasta You may use any shape
- 1 large onion chopped in uneven chunks
- 1 small capsicum chopped in small chunks
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red chilli whole you may use red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano or mixed herbs I have used mixed herbs seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup chopped pumpkin
- 1.5 tablespoon grated cheese you may increase or decrease
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- salt as per taste
- Take all vegetables and wash them under running water. Chop in a size as you like in pasta.
- For the pumpkin sauce, I have taken around ¾ th cup of chopped pumpkin.
- Add chopped pumpkin to blender along with red chilly and garlic. You may add or reduce chiily as per your taste.
- Blend it for half a min. Add little water as required.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan with lid. Add butter to it.
- Add onions and saute for a min.
- Once onions are transparent, add capsicum. If you are adding any other vegetables, add here. I always add little salt at this step as it makes cooking quick for veggies.
- Add black pepper and seasonings.
- Add fresh pumpkin puree.
- Mix well and cover with lid. you may cook for one min.
- Add raw pasta to the gravy.
- Add water and cover with lid. You may keep sauting in between as pasta tends to stick at the bottom of pan.
- It takes around 5-10 min depending upon what quantity and which veggies you have used.
- You may check the pasta with hand to know if its soft and tender.
- Add fresh lime juice for the tangy flavour.
- Once soft, add grated cheese.
- Mix well and if any moisture there, keep the flame on full for letting pasta absorb the water. A word of caution, pasta should not stick to the pan. It becomes thicker in due time. So depending upon how you like it, you may leave little moisture in it for it to be tender.
- The delicious One pot Pupmkin Sauce Pasta is ready!! Enjoy it with your choice of breads!!
|Serving size: bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.5g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.7g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3%|
|Total Sugars 1.5g|
|Vitamin D 6mcg||31%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|