Pumpkin Spice Latte is a new recipe made by me after searching on Google about it. Well, Latte means ‘Milk’ in Italy and cafe latte means coffee added to milk. One can have it hot or cold as they like it.
I have made a cold one with a twist to it by adding pumpkin puree. A tea loving person like me got out of the way today to try Pumpkin Spice latte and I must say it was worth a try!!
Why I tried it??
Well if you have reading my posts, you must be knowing that I am obsessed with pumpkin and creating its new recipes. Why Pumpkin? Amongst many foods that boost immunity, pumpkin ranks in top five. To find more about its benefits, head to vegsoups.in
Till now I had pumpkin mostly as vegetable, and a few times as Sweet (Pumpkin Halwa). With my aim to develop immunity booster recipes, I am so glad that I have started with Pumpkin and achieved waves of joys at home since then.
Who doesnt love to see beaming faces of kids asking for more? And here I am a believer of zero-wastage, so I always try a new recipe with minimum ingredients and small quantities as I am not sure how would it turn out to be. I am not able to offer the more rather next time I redo the recipe in large quantities.
I hope now you know why my glasses are just not so full!!
The second time I made it, no one had the patience to allow me to take a shot!! The best thing is that all these recipes are not just healthy but delicious. Next time you are heading to STARBUCKS, think that you may have a treat at home easily and much sooner than going all the way to Starbucks.
A quick recipe is to get ready Pumpkin Puree. If you have the orange pumpkin, nothing like it. As its naturally sweet, so we may reduce our sugar.
To make Pumpkin puree, I had washed the pumpkin thoroughly and chopped in very large chunks without peeling. Boil it for two whistles and once it cools off, gently scrape out the peel.
Now add these peel in blender to make a smooth paste. If you think puree is runny, you may keep it in sieve to drain out extra water. The other important ingredient in Pumpkin Spice latte is SPICE.
Well, they are not the general Indian chillies as thats what comes to our mind when spice is used. Indian spices is a whole range and an awesome one. So, here I mean is Cinnamon. Just be religious with it. I like slightly chunky ones as they just add flavour to the latte.
Along with it, I have used, Cardamom, Black Pepper and Ginger Powder. This almost completes our Pumpkin Spice. Other than this, I have used milk, coffee, sugar. All you have to do is, take a large cup, beat the coffee with sugar for around 2 min. Add little milk.
I have used room temperature milk through out this recipe. Then beat the together for 1 min. Add the spices and pumpkin puree and beat for 1 min. I have beaten them with ladle. You may use an electric one too. Then Finally I blended them in Grinder with more milk and Yes we got the Superb Latte ready.
Since kids are not allowed coffee, I just offered them a sip from my glass and cant forget their cute faces who were yearning for more. Next time I would be making it without coffee.
So when are you going to give it a try?? Remember to share your views with me!!
You may also like –
Pumpkin Spice Latte | How to make pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1.5 tablespoon pumpkin puree You may make it in advance
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar You may increase or decrease
- 1.5 tablespoons coffee I have used Nescafe.
- 1.5 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 cups milk I have used single toned
- 1 tablespoon fresh milk cream
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl. For pumpkin puree, you may make it a day previous. The time includes the time to make it. Similarly, pumpkin spice can be made by coarsely grinding cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and ginger powder. You may also add nutmeg. I couldnt procure it.
- Take a large cup. Add to it the coffee powder with little milk along with sugar and beat it for 1-2 min. You may use an electric beater if you wish to. I could do it with spatula easily.
- Add fresh cream to it and mix again for 1 min till it becomes a smooth mixture. I didnt have market cream. I used the fresh cream from the milk. It was not very creamy though but tasted delicious. If you have full cream milk, you can get enough cream from it. You may boil it a day before and refrigerate it once it cools off. You may check after 5 hours, a thick layer of cream would have been floating on the top of milk. You may use a fork to take it out gently.
- Add the pumpkin puree along with pumpkin spices and mix well for a min. I added cinnamon religiously as it just brings the real flavour to the latte.
- Mix well to have a smooth mixture.
- Add this mixture to a blender.
- Add more milk and pulse it for min. I have used blender to get the layer of froth. you may use an immersion or electric blender as it suits you.
- The utterly delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte is ready!! Serve it chilled!. If you like it warm, you use warm milk at all steps where I have used milk.
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.7g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|
|Total Sugars 17.6g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?