Are you a coffee person? Are you looking for a healthy Coffee recipe?
If you are, then this post is indeed for you! Your trips to a coffee shop or Starbucks would be reduced once you try this homemade easy, quick, and aromatic recipe of cold Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Pumpkin Spice Latte is an easy homemade recipe of cold coffee flavored with pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree. Well, Latte means ‘Milk’ in Italy and cafe latte means coffee added to milk. One can have it hot or cold as they like it.
This recipe makes use of Pumpkin Puree that can be made in a day advance. This Latte gives a tough competition to Starbucks and other coffee outlets because:
- Homemade Coffee is cheaper than any outlet.
- Makes use of fresh Ingredients.
- Has many customizable options (Without sugar, with jageery, vegan, no-vegan, with cream, without cream).
- You don’t have to get ready and step out as the coffee gets ready in this much time!!
This recipe makes use of orange pumpkin. My experience suggests that orange pumpkins taste sweeter and are suitable for desserts. I have used the one which was locally available to me (India). You may choose the ones that are local to your place. The other important ingredient in Pumpkin Spice Latte is Pumpkin Spice.
Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon. cardamom, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg, and ginger powder. I am not sure about any brands of pumpkin spice as I have all these spices available in the whole form and I grounded them to use a fresh spice for the latte. I have added a hint of cream (Malai from the top of milk).
Sugar can be skipped or replaced by jaggery powder. Jaggery is a healthy substitute for refined sugar. That doesn’t mean the calories would decrease a lot.
Can I make this Coffee Vegan?
Instead of the normal milk, you may use coconut milk or any other vegan milk. I have not topped this coffee with any cream, in case you love cream, use that also made from vegan products.
How can I use this recipe for making Hot Pumpkin Coffee?
For making hot coffee, you may have to boil milk on a simmer flame. Take two tbsps of warm milk and mix sugar and coffee together. Once the milk boils, add pumpkin puree and cook for 1-2 min on simmer. gradually add coffee-milk mix and let it be on simmer for 3 min. Keep stirring.
Pour it into cups and top it with your choice of cream.
Can I make Pumpkin Spice Latte Without Pumpkin Puree?
I am not sure how would Pumpkin Spice Latte would taste without pumpkin puree as that’s the key ingredient and I wonder why would you not want it. That said, if you skip pumpkin puree, then it would be like a Normal coffee flavored with pumpkin spice.
How is this Coffee Healthy?
This coffee doesn’t make use of any market-heavy creams. Rather uses a hint of Cream from the top of the milk (Malai called in India) and uses fresh pumpkin puree. You may choose to skip adding any of that and sugar too. Trust me, it would taste nice. A tea lover like me had loved this coffee ensures that this coffee is indeed special!
To make Pumpkin puree, I had washed the pumpkin thoroughly and chopped it in very large chunks without peeling. Boil it for two whistles and once it cools off, gently scrape out the peel.
Now add these peels to the blender to make a smooth paste. You may use a fork to mash them too.
If you think puree is runny, you may keep it in the sieve to drain out extra water.
All you have to do is, take a large cup, beat the coffee with sugar for around 2 min. Add little milk.
I have used room-temperature milk throughout this recipe. Then beat them together for 1 min. Add the spices and pumpkin puree and beat for 1 min. I have beaten them with the ladle. You may use an electric one too. Then Finally I blended them in Grinder with more milk and Yes we got the Superb Latte ready.
So when are you going to give it a try?? Remember to share your views with me!!
You may also like –
- Jaggery Paratha Churma | How to make an Authentic Haryanvi Churma
- 14 Pumpkin Vegetarian Recipes | How to make Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Salad | How to make Gluten-Free Vegan Salads
- Pumpkin Puree | How to make Pumpkin Puree without oven
- Veg Greek Salad Recipe | Easy Weight-Loss Salad with Feta
- Indian Lemon Rice in Desi Ghee | How to make Gluten Free Indian Recipes
If you make this recipe, share the image of it on our Instagram account @veg.buffet or Twitter account @vegbuffet
Pumpkin Spice Latte | How to make pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1.5 tablespoon pumpkin puree You may make it in advance
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar You may increase or decrease
- 1.5 tablespoons coffee I have used Nescafe.
- 1.5 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 cups milk I have used single toned
- 1 tablespoon fresh milk cream
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl. For pumpkin puree, you may make it a day previous. The time includes the time to make it. Similarly, pumpkin spice can be made by coarsely grinding cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and ginger powder. You may also add nutmeg. I couldnt procure it.
- Take a large cup. Add to it the coffee powder with little milk along with sugar and beat it for 1-2 min. You may use an electric beater if you wish to. I could do it with spatula easily.
- Add fresh cream to it and mix again for 1 min till it becomes a smooth mixture. I didnt have market cream. I used the fresh cream from the milk. It was not very creamy though but tasted delicious. If you have full cream milk, you can get enough cream from it. You may boil it a day before and refrigerate it once it cools off. You may check after 5 hours, a thick layer of cream would have been floating on the top of milk. You may use a fork to take it out gently.
- Add the pumpkin puree along with pumpkin spices and mix well for a min. I added cinnamon religiously as it just brings the real flavour to the latte.
- Mix well to have a smooth mixture.
- Add this mixture to a blender.
- Add more milk and pulse it for min. I have used blender to get the layer of froth. you may use an immersion or electric blender as it suits you.
- The utterly delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte is ready!! Serve it chilled!. If you like it warm, you use warm milk at all steps where I have used milk.
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.7g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|
|Total Sugars 17.6g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|