Pumpkin Sandwich is a super-easy and a delicious recipe that not only was appreciated by all but a request was made to redo it..
Bored with traditional breakfast of parathas and Idlis?
This post is all that you need to change the aroma of your kitchen. Instead of the oil/ghee oozing out from stuffed parathas, today you might try this easy and healthy recipe of pumpkin sandwich.
Well, all we need is fresh pumpkin, onion, cucumber, tomato, cheese, butter and of course bread. I have used Brown Bread of Britannia. A few may not like the raw pumpkin, so they may boil it for one whistle and then mix with other ingredients.
Though I was apprehensive too when I started with raw grated pumpkin and other veggies, trust me, it tasted really good. So good that no one realised that its Pumpkin sandwich.
They assumed it to be cheesy crunchy sandwich.
What a healthy treat!!.
Stories From Kitchen
I remember as a child when I wont like dal, mom would put lots of Ghee in it. Then I would somehow have dal easily. All this while I thought that dal has become tasty. I came to know later that it was ghee which made it amazing!!
Here our tasty ingredient is Pumpkin which no one acknowledged but just enjoyed the breakfast!!
When I woke up this morning, I didnt know I would be innovative with pumpkin as my obsession with it has not been over yet.
Those who are new to my blog, might I tell you that I have started an Immunity booster recipe series and since Pumpkin is a bundle of health, most of these recipes are made using Pumpkin!
Get hold of the ingredients and mix them well in mayonnaise, Tomato ketchup, salt, Mixed seasonings and black pepper. I have also added lemon juice!! It helps in digestion and who doesnt love a tangy taste!!
Recipe is as simple as it could be. I am sure my readers are smart and can figure out how to go with this easy recipe.
For the beginners, I may suggest a few things. The mix of veggies shall not be runny as it would end up in a soggy sandwich which you may not like.
I have used the orange pumpkin and grated it fresh (so that there is no water left over in it).
You may feel to add more veggies like capsicum, carrot or boiled potatoes in it.
Those on a weight-loss plan might skip the mayonnaise and might replace it with hung curd.
Hung curd is super easy as there is no recipe to make it. We have to simply hang the normal curd overnight and it drains the extra water.
In the morning, you may see the curd is really rich and creamy. So spare your bucks for some other treat rather to spend on greek yoghurt.
One need not use any nonstick tawa/pam to have a crispy sandwich.
I have been using iron tawa for more than 2 decades and trust me I can make a crispy non-burnt sandwich with less butter or ghee.
Follow simple tips:
The tawa should be hot. The flame should be simmer.
Use thick chunk of raw onion to season the tawa.
Cover the sandwich fully with a steel plate and let it be on low flame throughout. Flip and repeat.
Enjoy this super healthy and delicious Pumpkin Sandwich with tea, coffee or a hot bowl of soup.
You may also like:
Pumpkin Sandwich | How to make Pumpkin Sandwich
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 3/4 cup Grated Pumpkin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasonings
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 16 piece bread You may use any bread
- 100 gm cheese
- Take a fresh raw pumpkin. Wash it under tap. Grate it in a large bowl. The other veggies like onion, cucumber and tomato can be finely chopped.
- You may add any other vegetable of your choice. Since we are not cooking the vegetables, use the ones which are recommended to be eaten raw. Cauliflower may be avoided as raw.
- Add salt, black pepper, Mayonnaise, Tomato ketcup, and Italian seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Spread it on bread slice evenly.
- Grate chess over the layer of veggies.
- Place the other bread slice over this.
- Place the pair on the hot tawa. You may apply butter. I have used Iron Tawa and they came out superb! You may use a raw onion to season the tawa.
- Cover with a lid.
- Flip to cook from the other side. Let the flame be simmer to have crispy sandwiches. Once you reverse, you may not cover it with lid as its almost done. It takes around 2-3 min for both sides.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.
|Serving size: people|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.1g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.9g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||10%|
|Total Sugars 5.7g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|