Carrots being rich in Vitamin A and fibers and with corn aiding in digestion become a good combo for the soup. While buying orange carrots on a summer day, I was thinking of chopping it for the salad with lunch but then a thought crossed my mind.. So I started my day by making my kitchen slab neat and tidy to begin my journey with Carrot and Corn Soup. Color and freshness of Orange Carrots attracted me and I made a quick recipe on the spot as if it was like an extempore for me. Although in this case, Ideas travelled from mind to my hands which were grabbing kitchen utensils and responding in a quick fashion and soup was ready in no time. The taste was apppreciated by hubby who was not expecting a healthy soup on sunday morning..after all for him sundays and holidays are purely for special food items like chole bhature.
Carrot Corn Soup | How to make Carrot corn Soup
- 3 medium `Carrot
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small Bayleaf
- 1 teaspoon Ghee optional
- 1.5 cup Water
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- Wash all the vegetables under tap and chop carrot in large chunks.
- Add these veggies with Bayleaf to Pressure Cooker and cook for 2 whistles and simmer for 5 min.
- Heat Ghee in an Open Pan with lid. Add bayleaf. Simmer the gas and saute it. You will get aroma of bayleaf and can cook for one min.
- Open once it cools off,
- Sieve it and pour it in container.
- Boil it once and then add water as per the desired consistency. Cover it with lid and simmer for 5 min.
- Add salt and Black Pepper and serve it hot with breads.
|Serving size: 1 bowl
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 3g
|Saturated Fat 1.5g
|Total Carbohydrate 24.5g
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g
|Total Sugars 7g
|Vitamin D 0mcg