Spaghetti Pesto is an Italian dish that is full of amazing flavours of Pesto. Pesto, derived from the word ‘Peste’, in Italian means preparing raw sauces using mortal and pestle.
Traditionally Pesto was made using garlic, basil leaves,cheese all crushed to make a raw paste. I have comfortably used blender and since we get enough of Spinach here, I have used Spinach to make this utterly delicious Spaghetti Pesto!
I had always felt that food has more meaning as an emotion than a way to satisfy appetite. When I make food for special occasions, it always turns out superb!! Is it that my culinary skills have been on an Upcurve?
I am not sure about that. What I know with certainty is that there is lot of positivity, excitement, sometimes anxiety too, that keep running through the mind when I have to host a dinner or make food for Puja. I dont remember failing once with my Atta Halwa or rice kheer for the Monday fast. Trying the same recipe which your parents taught you and feeling that its all perfect, yet it misses something which we cant figure out!! That was their emotion with which they had made food for us always!!
This Pesto has a deep emotional bond with me. I had it first time in Bern and since then I and my husband are in love with it.
I still remember when the gentleman at the restaurant, suggested us to have pesto and I had to check menu to understand what exactly is this pesto.
Few months later, on our other trip, I didnt have to check the menu and the moment I saw Pesto in it, we ordered it. Though the guy took lot of time in preparing it, now I know that he must be making it authentic by using mortal and pestle!!
Ever Since I had it, making it was my agenda. I had no clue, it would be so great the first time itself.
My version is simple. I blanched spinach leaves for about 2 min. Overdoing it may make your sauce dark green or black which not just spoils the flavour but also the look.
Blend it with salt, black Pepper and garlic and the secret ingredient is olive oil. If you are not on a diet plan, be religious with olive oil to have the ultimate flavour!!
I would be glad to know how your pesto sauce turned out!! So remember to share your experience with me!!
You may also like –
Spaghetti Pesto | How to make Spaghetti in pesto Sauce
- 1 pack spaghetti Del Monte
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 gm Spinach leaves
- 5-6 whole black pepper
- 5 cups water
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Take the Bunch of Spinach and chop it in large uneven chunks. Wash them under tap thoroughly.
- Take a large pan and boil water in it. Add the washed Spinach leaves to boiling water for 2 min. Any more than 2 min might give a dark tone to our pesto sauce which we dont wish.
- Sieve it.
- Let it cool completely before you blend it. I have added whole black pepper, garlic and salt along with olive oil 1 tsp in it.
- Blend it to make a smooth paste. If you have mortar pestle, you may try your hand on it.
- While we prepare pesto, you may boil spaghetti. It takes around 10 min to boil it.
- Once its boiled, you may sieve it.
- Take a large utensil as we have to mix the spaghetti in pesto sauce and we dont have to do it on flame. Add chilly flakes to pesto sauce.
- Add hot sieved spaghetti.
- I had generously added the olive oil.
- Mix well.
- The Spaghetti Pesto is ready!! Enjoy!!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.6g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||21%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|