Who wishes to have Sandwich Pizza?
Most of us..
Specially the bread lovers crave for this little treat to pamper themselves and paratha lovers like me, need a change..
When I am looking for a change from my routine preferences for breakfast, I go for a bread breakfast. Generally, I make bread pakora or bread rolls or onion tomato sandwich.
Last week I made a paratha Pizza which my kids loved. Yet to be posted as I didnt know that it would be so much loved so I didnt shoot it for the blog.
Its to be recreated anytime soon as my father-in-law is appreciating it a lot. He does like other desi stuff too. I was surprised that he mentioned about pizza recipes by saying "badiya hai" !!
Talking about kids, needless to mention they are a super fan of these sandwiches. After all everyone wants a forbidden fruit. Here that fruit is Tomato ketchup. Because of the throat issues and more salt in ketchup, we avoid giving it to kids. Exceptions are there!!
Recipe is quick, simple and delicious as always! I procured all veggies that were possible in lockdown period.
Yes it was created around that time only and I couldnt post it as I was busy with the Pumpkin Series.
Grab your veggies like onion, tomato, capsicum, broccoli, corn,... and chop them in small and thin slices. Make a quick pizza sauce by sauting grated garlic in butter. Lots of garlic and lots of butter..
Once butter melts, take out large portion of it and leave around 2 teaspoon for the veggies. Just be careful not to overcook as burnt garlic wont give nice flavour in this recipe.
Saute the veggies in the rest of butter garlic with little salt. Add to the other portion of butter and garlic, 2-3 teaspoon of mixed seasonings and 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup.
Thats it... Spread butter on bread. Apply your pizza sauce , grated cheese and toppings. Cover with the other slice and toast it on hot iron tawa.
Cover it to let the cheese melt!! If you wish you may grill it in a toaster..That gives a great look too!
Isnt it a quick one??
Go Ahead and try it and remember to share your views with me!!
You may also like
Sandwich Pizza | How to make a quick Pizza Sandwich
- 16 slices bread
- 3 tablespoon butter I have used Amul
- 8-10 slice cheese I have used Britannia
- 2 medium onion sliced thin
- 2 medium tomato thin round sliced
- 1 large capsicum sliced thin
- 10-12 cloves garlic grated or chopped small
- 3 teaspoon Oregano or mixed herbs
- 2 tablepsoon Tomato Ketchup
- Gather all the ingredients and wash them in running water.
- Chop them as directed or as you prefer it.
- For the pizza sauce, take around 1-1.5 tablespoon butter and saute garlic in it. Be careful not to burn garlic. it takes less than a min. Once butter melts and bubbles up, take out 90 % of it in a bowl and rest keep in pan for sauteeing veggies.
- In bowl add tomato ketchup and mixed herbs and mix well. This makes your quick pizza sauce.
- Add the onions in left over butter and garlic mix. Saute for a min till they are transparent.
- Add capsicum and saute for a min. We dont wish to overcook veggies. They taste better when crunchy.
- Add tomatoes and keep flame full to evaporate extra water. Once it stops leaving water, switch off the flame. Feel free to add other veggies too.
- Spread the pizza sauce on one side of two bread slices. Add the veggies mix and grated cheese
- Take iron hot tawa and apply some butter. Place the sandwich and cover with lid to let the cheese melt. Flip and toast from the other side too.
- Your Sandwich Pizza is ready!! Enjoy with your favourite dip.
|Serving size: 1 sandwich|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.9g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin D 6mcg||32%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|