Pumpkin rolls, the sound of these words mapped on my brain along with its aroma and taste.. A super easy and utterly delicious are these rolls.
As I told you that I am on journey to explore immunity booster recipes and its been more than a week and this journey has been incredible! I am amazed to use pumpkin in several recipes and the best thing is most of them are totally new to me as if I participated in an extempore competition.
Its just here I knew the topic like Pumpkin recipes but which one is always new and experimented. I am glad that the result is great so far and thats what matters!!
The excitement of kids about what is being clicked and what new dish they would be served, is motivating enough for me to keep trying the new recipes and sharing them with you!!
Yeah sometime its scary and I wonder what would happen if it doesnt turn out the way I expected. Then, I believe my chef skills to come out and play their role.
If anything goes wrong, there is always some way out and we can figure it out if we really wish to. It happened with me when I tried Pumpkin cake before pumpkin rolls. It was not clicked as the topping of the cake was disturbed and I could click it like that. It raised well and was really delicious but I had to give it up and see I arrived upon a new recipe of rolls.
If we have positive bent of mind, all seems easy and smooth!
About the recipe, all I used was Pumpkin puree, all purpose flour (Maida), milk, lemon juice, ghee, sugar, butter, baking powder, baking soda. I had made pumpkin puree a day in advance and you may check its recipe on the link : Pumpkin Puree.
I had taken the salted butter and I added no salt in the recipe. If you have unsalted butter, you may add 1/2 tsp salt. Salt helps in digestion and I always try to include it in my desserts specially if they have maida. If you wish, you may replace maida by wheat and it does’nt require any change in recipe.
Wheat is always healthy option. I was trying for the first time, so I tried it with maida. Very soon, I would upload these desserts with wheat!!
I had taken cold butter and mixed it with sugar using spatula. It takes around 2-3 min. Then I added little milk, pumpkin puree and mixed for 2 more mins. once it blends in a smooth paste, sieve Maida , baking powder, baking soda and mix by cut and fold method.
That means, you dont over mix as the cake/ rolls dont rise if we overbeat this mixture. It should not be very thick or runny. Pour it to greased nonstick pan and cook for 8-10 min by covering with a lid.
You may check it in between. After around 3-4 min, it starts rising and the color of the base and top starts darkening. (brown).
Once its done, you may pierce the roll sheet with knife in the center and if it comes clean, its done. Let it cool for 5-10 min. Then roll it to wrap in a food wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate it for 30 min.
Open and slice in pieces. I was out of stock for the cream. If you wish, you may apply a layer of cream over the roll sheet before rolling and keeping it in refrigerator.
A key to a good and fluffy cake, pie, rolls is to mix really well the wet ingredients and mix very gently once the dry ingredients are added to wet ones.
Enjoy it with a cup of coffee.
You may also like:
Pumpkin Rolls | How to make Pumpkin Rolls
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup All purpose flour (maida)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee can use any other oil.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon juice can use vinegar as well
- Take all the ingredients in bowls.
- Take a large bowl. Add butter to it.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add desi ghee and mix for 2 min
- Mix well
- Add spices to it and mix well. If you wish you may add fresh cream here.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix for 1 min. It should be a smooth paste by now.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix really well all the wet ingredients.
- Take a sieve and add All purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve neatly.
- Sieving the flour and now we have to mix it gently else the cake/rolls will not rise. Simple cut and fold method.
- It looks fluffy and smooth.
- Transfer it to a non-stick greased pan with a lid.
- Cover it and cook o slow flame for 8-10 min.
- After about 3-4 min its starts rising.
- Now its done and my knife came out clean.
- Let it cool and wrap in aluminium foil. Refrigerate it for 30 min. If you wish to add cream layer, apply it at the top of roll sheet and then roll.
- Gently cut it into rolls.
- Pumpkin rolls are ready. Serve with coffee!!
|Serving size: 1 roll|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.4g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|
|Total Sugars 20.8g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|