Pumpkin Puree is incredibly essential for making Pumpkin desserts! It's like the fundamental block and making it the easy homemade way is to save our time for creating the best pumpkin desserts.
Pumpkin Puree recipe is the easy recipe for making homemade pumpkin puree from the scratch! You may easily say bye to the canned ones. Once you try this amazing recipe, you would feel it saves a lot of your time and energy.
Why should you try this Homemade Pumpkin Puree over Canned Pumpkin?
- Saves your visit to any store.
- Absolutely made with fresh pumpkin.
- No preservatives or extra sugars.
- Easily storable for 3-4 days in refrigerator.
- Boil and mash with a fork. That's the only skill needed for the fresh bowl of pumpkin puree.
- Adjustable for the thickness.
All we need is your choice of pumpkin. The orange pumpkin is the best for making desserts. You may locally pick up the pumpkins.
Roasted Pumpkin Puree
The roasted Pumpkin Puree can be made by roasting the large chunks of pumpkin in the oven or on the stove-top and then blending it into a thick puree.
I haven't tried this method yet. But I am all ears to the audience about how this worked for them.
I have simply boiled, cooled, and mashed the pumpkin and it was a bit runny puree.
Why Homemade Puree of Pumpkin is watery?
It's natural for the homemade pumpkin puree to be runny or watery, especially when you boil it in water in a pressure cooker. If you wish to have thick pumpkin puree, you may sieve this homemade puree and collect the water in a bowl. This leftover water can be used to knead the dough.
What can I make using the Pumpkin Puree?
- Refined Sugar-free Pumpkin Muffins: Do they sound good to you? They are really superb! I have made these pumpkin muffins using powdered jaggery and no refined sugar was used in this recipe.
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte: Starbucks Pumpkin Latte would become less popular for you once you try our easy and healthy recipe of Cold Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Eggless Pumpkin Pancakes: How can one say no to fluffy Desi Ghee Pumpkin pancakes made without eggs. It's a must try and no-fail recipe.
You may also like-
Latest Healthy Veg Recipes from the Blog:
- Crispy Air Fryer Rice Paper Dumplings (Vegan GF Recipe)
- Ginger Tea Recipe | How To Make Ginger Tea for Acid Reflux
- Air Fryer Vs Deep Fryer - A complete Guide
- Simple Indian Dinner Recipes (Easy, Healthy, Vegetarian)
- 10 Best Air Fryer Vegetarian Recipes- Easy Healthy Collection
- Air Fryer Broccoli Potatoes Recipe (Best Vegan GF)
Pumpkin Puree | How to make Pumpkin Puree without oven
- 500 gm Pumpkin orange or green
- Take a pressure cooker. Wash the pumpkin under tap and chop in large chunks. I have boiled it with peel. Boil on full flame for 2 whistles and simmer for 1 min. Add water as much to soak the pumpkin chinks.
- Once it cools off, take out the pumpkin chunks.
- Take the peel off and transfer to the blender. Pls make sure that the pumpkin has cooled off else the lid of blender may blow up if its hot.
- Pulse it for 1 min.
- The smooth Pumpkin puree is ready for all the desserts you may love to make!!
|Serving size: bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||19%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|