Pumpkin puree is a secret ingredient foe many amazing recipes of Pumpkin like: Pumpkin rolls, Pumpkin pies, Pumpkin cake, Pumpkin Spice Latte and …. It keeps going on and I didnt realize I could make most of them easily at home. All you need is pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and rest can be easily managed from home.
Pumpkin puree can be made in two ways. One way is to make it raw in which we can wash, peel the pumpkin and chop in large uneven chunks and blend it in smooth paste.
I used the raw pumpkin puree for making one-pot Pumpkin Sauce Pasta. The other is made by first boiling the washed pumpkin for 2 whistles. Once it completely cools off, remove gently the peel and blend it to make a smooth paste. Some drain extra water from it.
I avoid that as the water is nutritious. Now we have this pumpkin puree ready and we can use it in several recipes like Pumpkin Latte, Pumpkin Pie and many more.
About the pumpkin, since I get green yellow more commonly here I have used that. You may use the orange pumpkin if its easily accessible.
The orange one is more sweet and is more apt for the dessert recipes. In my recipe, I had added more sugar to compensate the deficit of sweetness.
Healthy desserts can be made by using pumpkin with jaggery. The only thing you need to be careful about is that jaggery curdles the hot milk. So, you may use room temperature milk and if your recipe involves, hot milk, you may enjoy with sugar!!
Remember to share your views about it!!
You may also like-
Pumpkin Puree | How to make Pumpkin Puree
- 500 gm Pumpkin orange or green
- Take a pressure cooker. Wash the pumpkin under tap and chop in large chunks. I have boiled it with peel. Boil on full flame for 2 whistles and simmer for 1 min. Add water as much to soak the pumpkin chinks.
- Once it cools off, take out the pumpkin chunks.
- Take the peel off and transfer to the blender. Pls make sure that the pumpkin has cooled off else the lid of blender may blow up if its hot.
- Pulse it for 1 min.
- The smooth Pumpkin puree is ready for all the desserts you may love to make!!
|Serving size: bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||19%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?