Pumpkin Pancakes are the flat cakes of batter fried on both sides in a pan, hence the name pancake. These flavourful, fluffy, and desi ghee-healthy pancakes are made with fresh pumpkin puree in less than 30 minutes and can make the ultimate start of your day.
For the Pumpkin Puree, you may click here to get a quick recipe.
We need All purpose flour, Butter, Sugar, honey, Desi Ghee, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Milk, and of course Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin Spice.
For People on the weight-loss plan shall substitute All-purpose flour with wheat flour or Ragi Flour and sugar by banana or jaggery.
How Can I make these pancakes vegan?
Easy substitutes for vegan pancakes are: replace ghee with coconut/almond oil or any other oil. The dairy milk can be replaced with coconut milk or any other vegan milk.
Gluten-Free Pancakes suggestions
This pumpkin breakfast recipe for pancakes can be easily made healthy by using gluten-free flours like Ragi, Jowar, or Rajgira. These flours are a little dense than usual all-purpose flour or wheat. They taste good as I had tested it recently when I made Ragi Pancakes absolutely without refined sugar.
Tips to make fluffly pancakes
Pumpkin puree you may make one day advance. I take large chunks of pumpkin and boil them for 2 whistles. Once it cools off, blend it in a smooth paste or mash with a fork.
I couldn’t arrange the maple syrup. If you have it, you may mix it in the batter itself. I have added sugar and butter in pumpkin puree and mix them really well.
Add flour, milk, and other things to make a smooth batter. It should not be very runny or very thick. I love Desi Ghee so I have used it to toast my pancakes. Once the bubbles form on the top side of the pancake, it’s time to reverse it and cook it.
Dont forget to have it with honey and remember not to cook honey or pour it over hot pancakes. Just Warm is good enough.
Stories from Kitchen?
It was quite some time back when my husband took us to a restaurant in CP for a breakfast. This time he had a plan to surprise me with the special pancakes.
You may also like:
- Pumpkin Pancakes | How to make Eggless Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cutlet | How to make Pumpkin Cutlet
- Pumpkin Paratha | How to make Pumpkin Paratha
- Refined Sugar-free Pumpkin Muffins | How to make healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Smoothie | How to make Pumpkin Smoothie
- Pumpkin Aloo Tikki Burger | How to make Pumpkin Tikki
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour Maida
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablsepoon Desi ghee
- 2 tablespoon Sugar Can reduce it
- 1 tablespoon honey DONT heat honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice cardamom, cinnamon, ginger powder, black pepper, clove
- 1 cup milk can use more if need be
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Take a large bowl. Add sugar, butter and Pumpkin puree. Mix well. It takes around 5-10 min by hand spatula. you may use hand blender or electric blender. This mixing step is important as we are not using eggs. So we need more mixing for fluffy pancakes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of desi ghee in the above mixture and mix well.
- Add pumpkin spice. You may always add it more for the amazing flavour.
- Mix well.
- Sieve All purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in the above mixture.
- Gradually mix it and no overdoing or else our pancakes will not rise.
- Add milk as and when required.
- Mix and the consistency should be not very thin.
- Take a non stick pan. Spread it on it. I could spread easily two pancakes.
- Cover them so that they are not raw from inside.
- Once bubbles appear, you may flip them to cook from the other side.
- Serve them with your choice of fruit and honey or maple syrup!!. Enjoy!!
|Serving size: 2|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|
|Total Sugars 17.4g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?