Pumpkin Icecreams are a healthy treat!!
Summers are amazing!!! Specially when I can have loads of Ice creams. I had tried several flavours in icecream.
This time I wanted to have a new flavour. Being at #stayhome give another reason to have new flavour to be tried at home. It seems I am in love with pumpkin and you have to bear with my future and past posts as they all are about this amazing fruit!! A health pack in itself, it has amazing health benefits.
I was wondering what to have as an evening snack and how I can surprise the kids. Without wasting much time, I just grabbed my thoughts and started with basic ingredients I had.
Since supplies are low these days, I had to use what my stock had. Since I am short of creams, whipping creams (just to mention, this is my first attempt), I thought of using milk, fresh cream that I had from the previous day and some cornflour. It turned out good.
Yeah, it could have been more smooth and creamy with the cream ingredient. So, if you love creamy versions, modify my recipe to add more cream.
I surely would have if I had enough stock. I also added Mango along as both mango and pumpkin are wonderful fruits and I thought to blend their nutrition together!!
Stories from my Kitchen
Given the summer at its peak in India, ice cream melted before the first good shot!! Girls were already wondering when will they get their share.
My husband, who is otherwise not really my partner in Kitchen, agreed to help me with few clicks!! I think he would be a great partner in this too!!
Till he agrees, you have to observe some naive shots as I am learning to become a good food photographer.
I remember as a kid we would wait for the KULFI wala Bhaiya. He would come at the beginning of our lane and ring the bell.
All of us used to just wait for that jingle and then rush to mummy for giving her change money to buy it. In the meantime, he would come near to our home, I would get Kulfi for all of us.
Now we take kids to Ice cream parlours though the taste and flavour is not same. These thoughts made me nostalgic and I just wished that time could freeze there for a while and I could enjoy those moments again!
Remember to share your experience with me!!
For more pumpkin recipes, you may like:
Pumpkin Ice cream with Mango
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mango puree
- ½ litre milk
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 small cinnamon
- 2 small cardamom
- 1 cup sugar
- Take all the ingredients in bowl
- I have made fresh pumpkin puree. So I blended raw pumpkin. Few like it to be boiled first. If so, you may boil large uneven chunks of pumpkin in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles, Once it cools off fully, you may blend it.
- Chop it in large chunks and add it to blender.
- Add mango chunks to it in blender.
- Add Fresh cream to it. Blend it to make a smooth paste. If you wish to add more cream, add it here.
- In a small bowl take cornflour and mix it well with milk. to make a smooth mixture.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil milk.
- Add sugar to it. Mix well.
- Add grounded cardamom and cinnamon along with cornflour-milk mixture to boiled milk.
- Keep the flame on simmer and keep sauteing so that no lumps are formed.
- Gradually Mixture would become thicker. Switch off the flame and let it coll completely.
- Mix the mango-pumpkin-cream mixture in blender with milk mixture and make a smooth paste. If you think its too thick, you may add more milk.
- Transfer it to a container with lid and keep it in freezer for two hours.
- Take it out and blend again. It seems more creamy now. Place it back to the freezer for overnight.
- Thats how it was set after I took it out next morning.
- Enjoy it!!
|Serving size: bowls|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.9g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.9g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6%|
|Total Sugars 42.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|