Lemon Rice is the most demanding recipes of my family! Food drives and controls my whole family. As I type the recipe for this post, my kids sneak into Kitchen and then came asking whats for the lunch.
As always, I told them its not lunch time yet. Still what we would have for lunch. One of them said is it Ghiya (Bottle Gourd). Since they had it yesterday, they were worried not to have it so soon. Judging my face, elderly one requested for the Pulao, “I love dahi with pulao. Can I have it”??
How can I say No to Rice?
I nodded yes and their celebration is ON. I guess the curd rice combination has always been my favourite.
and I am glad that my genes work too. Both kids resembling your husband seems is a great feeling yet at least one could sleep, walk, talk like you. I have made peace that both have food preferences like me!!
Coming back from my memories, I shall talk about the recipe. Its pretty simple and honestly an on-the spot creation. Not many ingredients and quick one! I have used left over rice as I never waste food.
If you dont have leftovers, you may make fresh boiled rice!!
I have always used Desi Ghee for the special Tadka of Curry leaves, Red Chilly, Mustard Seeds, Chana Dal along with spices.
Why Desi Ghee?
No Reason in particular except it makes food drooling and yes its healthy for sure. Much healthier than the claimed ones like refined oils. If you have been following my stories, You must be knowing that I mainly use Desi ghee and Mustard oil in all my recipes.
Suggest you to try it and tell me how it turned out for you!
Remember to share your experience with me.
You may also like–
Lemon Rice | Easy Recipe of Lemon Rice
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium Tomato sliced
- 1 large fresh lemon
- 10 small curry leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal can soak for 15 min
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds black
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 large Dried Red Chilly
- 1.5 Tablespoon Desi Ghee
- 3 cups Boiled Rice
- 1/4 tsp Heeng (Asaefotida) optional
- 1 tablepsoon raw mango grated, optional
- salt as per taste
- Wash all vegetables under tap and chop them in small chunks.
- You may soak Chana dal when you begin with the Tadka for around 15 min.
- I have used leftover rice. In case you wish to have fresh boiled rice, it would take additional 15 min. Soak rice for 20 min. Boil them for 10 min till tender and drain excess water from the pan.
- Take a heavy bottomed Kadai/Pan and heat desi ghee in it. Add 1/4 tsp Heeng. Add Mustard Seeds.
- Remove water from soaked Chana Dal and add it to kadai. Cook for less than a min.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add onions. Cook for 2 min till they are transparent.
- Add spices.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add grated Raw Mango. Cook for 1min.
- Add lemon juice around 1 tablespoon. Can add more if you want more tangy.
- Add boiled rice and mix well.
- The Lemon rice is ready!! Enjoy with curd or green chutney!!
|Serving size: bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.1g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.5g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2.4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|