How wonderful is a quick breakfast that is a blend of vegan, gluten-free, healthy and spicy flavours? And all that can be made quickly in ten minutes. Who can really avoid a healthy tomato pasta which is made of rice and green peas?
Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy Tomato Pasta is made using rice and green peas pasta and is rich in flavors of spicy dried red chilly, garlic and fresh tomatoes.
This recipe is absolutely great for people who just started with gluten-free foods as it tastes delicious in tomato gravy. This vitamin-C packed vegan pasta is also rich in protein and fiber and can be had for a light breakfast or dinner.
This recipe uses easily available ingredients: Tomato, garlic. The main one is the Gluten-free pasta. I have used the Rice and green peas pasta of the brand: NutraHelix You may use any other brand or type of pasta available in your locals.
I have used dried red chilly as the main spice. Trust me, these red beauties are super hot and the tomato pasta is indeed spicy. For my readers, who don’t like spicy food, feel free to reduce the hotness by either skipping the red chillies or using just chilly flakes for this recipe.
This 3-ingredient vegan pasta is a quick recipe made using fresh tomato paste. Grab the red beauties as tangy and as fresh and blend them with red dried chilly, garlic, and coriander leaves. While the pasta is boiling, add chopped garlic in hot olive oil and cook the spicy tomato paste for 2 min. Add spices and salt and add boiled pasta. Give it a good mix and garnish with cheese and coriander or basil leaves.
Use vegan cheese for the garnishing to have a complete vegan breakfast that gathers up in 10 minutes.
Who needs this Gluten-free Pasta?
This gluten-free pasta is ideal for people who have allergies to gluten. There is a general switch to gluten-free diets by people who are non-allergic. That’s why we see a lot many gluten-free products available in the market.
The question is that is gluten-free really healthy for everyone? The science may not agree fully as there is no such scientific evidence. To make gluten-free food items, the source is usually rich in proteins and fiber, which is a total health pack. That said, I think a person with no medical issue may have a mix of all types of foods.
What to Team with this Healthy Pasta?
- Focaccia Whole Wheat Bread
- Apple Mint Cucumber Salad
- Mashed Potatoes Weight-loss Salad
- Healthy Tomato Soup
Can this vegan pasta help me lose weight?
If you read my posts often, you may already know how I answer this type of question.
For new readers, here is the answer:
What matters is not always the food, but the ratio, proportion of food items, the time, and frequency with which we eat food. If your aim is to lose weight, you need to have the right reasons and a strong mind to support your goals.
This green-pea rice pasta is ideal for weight-loss as it is rich in fiber, protein, is low in fat, and zero in cholesterol. It definitely keeps you full for longer and is close to the taste of normal pasta.
This 3-ingredient pasta recipe doesn’t have any added mayonnaise or cream, yet it has a creamy flavor owing to the fresh tomato gravy used. You may also wish to check cashew capsicum green gravy pasta.
Types of Gluten-Free Pasta
Now, when you have decided for a diet change, you might wish to know which other types of gluten-free pasta exist. So, here are a few listed for you:
Brown Rice Pasta
- Rich in Fiber
- Made with chickpea, these are rich in protein and have chewy texture.
- Made usually with rice, buckwheat, amaranth, millets, these are packed with Fiber and taste similar to usual pasta.
Tips to make this Chewy Flavourful Pasta
- Don’t over boil the pasta. Stop 2 min before so that the pasta is not very soggy and retains its shape. Pasta with a chewy texture is generally preferred.
- Leave the veggies a bit crunchy.
- For making a pasta sauce, avoid market ones and use homemade.
- Trust me, the homemade sauces are fresh and quick to make.
- All we need is a good blend of veggies as a smooth paste.
- Once the pasta sauce is cooked, avoid overmixing pasta in it. It is better to mix it with stove off.
- Use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
Stories From Kitchen
This pasta was gifted to me by my sister-in-law and I am so glad that I made it. Every time, I try a new recipe, it gives me pleasure to share it with my readers. While I type this, I wonder if anyone reads till this point.
So if you are still with me, do try this recipe and come back to share your reviews as they do matter.
Stay Healthy! Catch you soon!
You may also like:
Other Vegan Recipes from My Blog:
- Gluten-free Healthy Vegan Tomato Pasta| How to make Spicy Pasta
- Apple Cucumber Mint Salad | How to make Weight-Loss Salads
- Amla Pickle Recipe | How to make Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- Capsicum No-Cheese Vegan Pasta | How to make Slimming Vegan Recipes
- Aloo Methi Subji | How to make healthy Methi Subji
- Matar Mushroom For Vitamin D| How to make one pot Matar Mushroom
Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Tomato Pasta
- a heavy-bottomed pan for boiling
- a iron or any other pan for making
- 1 200 gm Green Pea pasta Nutra Helix, May use any other brand
- 1 tbsp olive oil can use any other oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes fresh
- 5-6 small dried red chilli reduce as per taste
- 2 twigs coriander leaves can use basil
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups water adjust
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
How to make Tomato Paste
- Gather all the ingredients and wash tomatoes, coriander leaves. Chop few garlic cloves for roasting later.
- Boil the gluten free pasta for about 5 min. Add water 1 inch above the pasta so that pasta is aoaked fully. Just before its tender, you may swutch off.
- Take washed tomatoes and add them to blender along with dried red chillies, garlic and coriander leaves and give it a pulse for less than a min.
- The spicy red paste is fresh and ready.
- In the mean time, check your pasta. It must be tender now. Sieve it.
Cooking the pasta red paste with spices
- Heat olive oil and roast chopped garlic. Don't over cook them.
- Add red spicy tomato paste and cook for 2-3 min. You may cover with lid for speedy cooking.
- Add all spices and salt.
- Add lemon juice to cooked tomato spicy red sauce.
- Switch off the flame and mix pasta in the red spicy tomato sauce.
- The delicious and flavourful healthy vegan pasta is ready. Team it with bread of your choice.
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.3g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||14%|
|Total Sugars 2.4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?