Chocolate Muffins without egg is one recipe that I really enjoyed creating. First, because its main ingredient is Chocolate and second because it's ovenless.
Well till the time I am setting up my several years old OTG, I thought why should I wait for muffins. Especially when you have kids, you should not wait.
As I type and share my recipe with you, I remember the sparkling eyes of my little one when she saw the muffin paper cups lying on the kitchen slab. She blushed and exclaimed, "Wow!!"
Then there was no stopping till she informed everyone about it. I believe she has the quality to become a news reporter. What I am worried is she would just leak the news even before its right time to release it.
Her trips back and forth appreciating my efforts, the polka dots design on the paper cups and what not. Sometimes I feel, I experiment for her as she is my strength. Even when I am not sure about how the recipe would turn out, she is quite sure that it would be great!
Believe me, it really was!!
How to make Muffins without oven
For non-oven users, a big heavy bottomed Kadai can work as an oven. We need to place salt at the bottom and on top of it a small steel bowl and then we may cover it completely. You may preheat it for 15 min to get good results.
It seems simple now.
You may take butter and sugar and beat them really well till both make a perfect blend. You may add Desi ghee/ Fresh Cream along or little milk to mix well. This is really an important step as it decides the fluffiness of your muffin.
Then sieve cocoa powder, All purpose flour (Maida), baking powder and baking soda. I add little lemon juice as well.
Mix well and place in cup cakes in small bowl. Place them on a steel plate that can fit in your oven kadai. When filling the mixture in paper cups, make sure to fill till ¾ of its capacity so that there is a room for it to rise.
First batch takes around 15 min. You may keep checking till the knife comes clean. Next batch is quick as kadai is super hot!!
Gear Up and head to try these yummilicious eggless Muffins.
Remember to share your story with me!!
You may also like
If you make this recipe, share the image of it on our instagram account @veg.buffet or twitter account @vegbuffet
Chocolate Muffins | How to make Eggless Chocolate Muffins without oven
- ¾ cup sugar can increase it
- 1 cup All purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Desi ghee you may use refined oil
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and clove powdered
- 200 gm salt for layering up in Kadai
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup fresh milk cream
- Gather all the ingredients .
- Take a large bowl and add cold butter in it. if butter is salted, you may skip adding salt.
- Add sugar to it.
- Mix well for 5 - 7 minutes. Add little milk to blend them easily. Since butter is cold, it takes time and effort.
- Add desi ghee and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin spices.
- Add lemon juice.
- Take a sieve and add All purpose flour to it.
- Add cocoa powder to the same sieve.
- Add baking powder and a pinch of baking soda
- Sieve it fully.
- Mix by cut and fold method. So here dont overdo while mixing as it can make a flat muffin instead of fluffy ones. Add more milk to have a smooth mixture.
- Finally the mixture looks like this.
- Transfer it to paper cups and fill till ¾ th capacity so that they have enough space to rise.
- Pre heat Kadai with heavy bottom and add normal salt to it. Mine looks pinkish as I have used same salt in baking other dishes.
- Place the muffin plate on top of bowl in kadia. Cover it completely for 15 minutes.
- You may check in between and once the knife in center comes clean, we are done.
- Take the plate carefully out and prepare another batch. Let it cool.
- The delicious eggless Chocolate Muffins are ready!! Enjoy!!
|Serving size: 1 muffin|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||13%|
|Total Sugars 20.4g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Share your Views